Monday, 6 February 2012
so as i have 3 schoolwork deadlines this week and i am going to be really busy (and I'm away the following week) i have been looking for blog posts that will be easy to do, so i thought i would share with you all some photos of my life over the past week. i love these sort of blog posts and if you enjoy them too then let me know and i will do more in the future.
if you live in the UK you will know about the so called 'big freeze' we have been having and i was extremely over exited when it started snowing on Saturday night. on Sunday i met up with some of my friends and spent the day being childish and having snowball fights and sledging.
also, my vans came this week witch i was very exited about. i decided to go for flowery ones because i thought they were more unique then the classic kind everybody has been wearing recently. i cant wait to wear them! and finally, i was very exited to walk into Topshop this week and find all the spring pieces. i already have my eyes on almost everything!
anyway, I'm off to bed now. lots of love!
Monday, 30 January 2012
since the winter months hit us, i have been really getting into darker lipsticks. especially the 17 lasting fix lipstick in 'new black'. this lipstick is amazing quality for its extremely low price of £4.29 at Boots. i have never been into bold lips before but i adore this colour. i love to wear it 'full on' and i wish i could do this everyday however if i want to wear more toned down makeup, i also like to sheer this lipstick out with vasaline to give the lips a nice berry tint.
|sheered out with vasaline|
the only bad thing i would have to say about this is that the colour tends to apply darker in some areas of the lips then others witch can be quite annoying. but apart from that i love this lipstick and i think is definitely a new favourite!
Saturday, 28 January 2012
jumper - newlook | jeans - topshop | broach - vintage | collar shirt - H&M | brogues - newlook | rings - H&M and topshop
first off, i would like to just mention that yep, im aware that i am very washed out in one of the photos and i look like a gohst! i have been really in to the collar trend recently, i feel like its a great way to 'spice up' (lame, i know) jumpers for winter. also, i have been loving the idea of pairing a collar with a necklace or broach although for some reason it makes me feel like a primary school teacher! (hence the title of this post)
Wednesday, 25 January 2012
just letting you all know (just incase your really confused as to why somebody called 'floral flowers' keeps popping up on your blogger reading list) yes, i did change my blog name and url. if your a new follower then i have probably just confused you too but just to fill you in, my blog used to be titled 'neon rose' and i recently changed it to match the name of my youtube channel.
anyhow, i hope you dont mind and now that that is done and dusted i am looking forward to getting back into blogging and i am going to try my hardest to do more fashion posts and also to post more often. yay!
also, let me know what you think of my new banner and layout!
hello lovlies! so as i am off school with at the moment and sitting in bed feeling sorry for my self, i figured i would do my first blog post in my 'prom prep' series. so i have decided to share with you some makeup products that have been on my wish list for prom.
1. Clinique perfectly real foundation: i am no lover of foundation or wearing allot of face makeup but since i have my prom coming up, and i will be having lots of pictures taken, i figured it would be a good time to invest in a good foundation. from what i have read, Clinique's perfectly real in oily/combination is perfect for oily skin, and is light weight with buildable coverage. and it dosnt have an SPF so is ideal for events like prom.
2. MAC eyeshadows in 'gleam' and 'satin taupe': (apologies i couldnt get proper images of them) this two eyeshadows pair up perfectly for a neutral and subtle smokey eye. i have been eyeing up gleam for a while now and i think i would get allot of use out of it.
3. MAC powder blush in 'fleur power': this is such a pretty blush, i have also been eying this up for a while now since i saw fashionrocksmysocks use it in a video on her youtube chanel. perfect pink toned blush for spring!
4. No7 eye contour brush: ideal for blending eyeshadows together and also can be used for working eyeshadow into your crease.
5. Revlon colour burst lip butter: theese have not yet been released here in the UK but rumour has it that they are coming out in march 2012 and i cant wait to try them out. from what i have seen online, i would love to try the shades 'pink truffle' and 'candy apple' but i will definitely go for a more nude shade for prom.
6. Topshop kohl pencil in 'saddle': i pretty much swatch this every time i walk into topshop, i love it so much. its a lovely coffee brown shade. it retails at £4 so it isnt pricey either.
anyhow, i hope you guys enjoyed this post.
see you all soon!
Sunday, 22 January 2012
yes, thats right im back!i could give you a thousand reasons why i stopped blogging for so long, but like allot of people, i just got caught up with school work and youtube video's and hundreds of other things! so i would just like to apologise for not posting in nearly 5 months and i thaught i would finally do a blog post just updating you on everything i have been doing and also treat you too a quick outfit of the day i actually filmed a video for last month (before i got my braces off!) for my youtube channel witch you can watch here
cardigan and shorts - newlook
shirt - unknown
tights - primark boots - newlook
so first off, i think i should mention that i have changed my youtube channel. i changed it back in october and i am now under the username of floralflowersz and i try to upload a video atleast one a week (but sometimes more, sometimes less.) The reason i changed my channel is simply because i wasnt happy with any of my video's and i didnt enjoy editing them because i didnt like them at all so i just felt like i needed a change.
secondly, i have pleanty of ideas for both videos and blog posts so let me know witch ones you like the best. i was thinking of doing a blog series in the lead up to the prom season. i have my prom this year and i love looking at dresses and experimenting with makeup and hair styles so i thaught it would be fun to do posts about things such as prom dress trends, finding my prom dress and choosing my makuep (maybe a tutorial or something) and hair styles e.c.t
so i hope enjoyed this post and havnt completely forgotten about me or when and why you ever started following my blog!
also, apologies for any spelling mistakes in this post (im sure there are many) as the spell checker is being a bit funny today